Thread: Making Money off of CS:S Customization

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

DoT look here to get Studio Compiler working. Khaotik is right that the main thing you need is MDL Decompiler, but it's built into Studio Compiler and you may need its other features at some point. That tutorial is pretty good and has screenshots of the errors you may come across to make it really easy.

If you need me to help u with other stuff let me know but someone here has to become as pro as me at everything at some point and you're the best candidate we have. The only problem with me is that there's only one of me with enough work for ten of me. D: I'm not saying you gotta take over all my crap but it'd rock if I had someone who could help me on developing the RP server. It needs everything I talked about in the first post (props, player models, mapping, scripting...) so yea. But the point is you can make money from learning this stuff too so everyone wins.

Decompiling a player model then re-texturing and recompiling is really easy. Once you get Studio Compiler up, decompile a model to some folder on your comp. Then copy it's textures over there too. If you're just doing a texture edit then it's really really easy. Just open the texture you want edited in Photoshop with the .VTF plugin, then make your changes, and save it. Then in the mdldecompiler.qc you get all you need to do is change the path of the model and the textures to be in a new folder (any folder, just not original one) then recompile it. You can rename the .mdl in the .qc file but unless u edit the model in Milkshape the texture's filename will have to be exactly the same, even though you put it in a new folder. Load it up in HLMV and see what you got. If you have errors along the way I can walk you through them, but once you get one done you will be amazed at how easy it was in the end and will be able to do so much stuff with just that little bit of knowledge. Setting up Studio Compiler is a must. I know it doesn't load, but if it can be made to load (and I can help u with that) then you're ready for everything else.
    Last edited by Natalya; 06-05-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Thread Information